Thank you Dr. Roberto Vargas for facilitating and hosting our strategic planning retreat for LULAC District 17.
LULAC board members and active supports meet on April 23, 2018, for a planning and team-building workshop to develop LULAC’s 2018-19 Annual Plan. The accomplishments included affirmation of a LULAC vision, approval of strategic priorities for 2018-19, clarification of board member responsibilities, and planning regarding the LULAC 2018 calendar, and assignments on priority activities.
LULAC Strategic Priorities for 2018-19
- Protect immigrant communities.
- Educate community regarding immigrant rights.
- Support legislation that protects all immigrants, particularly DACA, and provides a path to citizenship.
- Support community mobilizations that support immigrant families.
- Educate community regarding the 2020 Census and its use to determine resources for the community.
- Advance public accountability to our Latino communities.
- Increase accountability of all school districts and the community college system to provide quality education and ensure learning success for our diverse Latino community.
- Maintain accountability of our elected officials as to the needs, concerns and to programs we view as necessary for Latino community well-being.
- Educate our community regarding our civic responsibility, voter registration, and election issues vital to our communities.
- Latino youth success and leadership through Education
- Engage youth participation within LULAC via our programs, outreach, and youth councils
- Support youth success by providing resources and training opportunities, i.e., scholarships, field-trips, and participation in youth councils.
- Support the development Ethnic Studies as a mandatory program for public schools.
Rick Castaniero, District Director, Jose Barrera, Debra Cordes, Laura Espinosa, Rosa Gonzalez, Delia Guerreo, Sergio Lagunas, Salvador Lianos, Martha Navarete, Joe Ramirez, Isabel Hernandez, Cynthia Salas